Thursday, 12 June 2014

On your bike!

I always thought electric bikes were for fuddy-duddies. Little did I know they are fast becoming the trendiest thing on two wheels. M had suggested that we invest in one a number of times so that I could bike the 17km to work. A two-birds-with-one-stone argument: better for the environment and better for my physical fitness. After resisting the idea for a while I finally capitulated, and in the Christmas holidays we went ahead and bought one. 

And boy am I happy we did. 

Two days a week, come rain or shine, I look forward to getting on my bike for the ride to work. Yes, you read that right: come rain too. Along with the bike I also bought myself a good quality rainsuit which ensures I stay dry on the outside as well as the inside (no sweating, thank goodness). To my delight I have found stormy weather and lashings of rain quite exciting - and arriving home or at school all the more rewarding.

Riding my e-bike puts me in a good mood. It gets my blood flowing and clears my mind. And I would be missing out on a lot if i didn't bike all the way to work. "Uhm..what exactly?" I hear you ask. Well, let me show you...

Fields of green...





Red poppies too,
(I see them bloom, just for me and you)...




Skies of blue, stripes of white...


The beauty of the horses, so graceful in the fields...


And new friends bleating my way (saying how do you do)...



Well, you get the picture....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit. I love reading your comments so please feel free to leave one (or more, if the mood so takes you) in English and/or in Dutch.